Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Minutes Parents Forum Meeting 28th of May 2012

MONDAY 28 MAY 2012

Present :
Tracey Pearce, Petra Vencatachellum, Kristina Kim, Penny Meads, Donna Pike, Linda Lee, Beth Porteous, Michelle Fleming, Bridgette Ferguson, Barbara Scholten, Wendy Calder-Jennings, Joanne Duncan

Apologies :
Tania, Yvette

Minutes from March meeting read
Moved true and correct : Petra
Seconded : Beth and Barbara


1.  AGM.  Discussed turnout and appointments made


1.  Account from Fashion A&E Ltd (Style Doctor) for upcoming event


Showing current balance as at 28/5/12 of $1,551.02
Upcoming events to boost this amount over the next 2 months


Parents Forum :
Blog visitors to date number 2780.
Suggested that Deans of each year could promote this Blog
Kristina Kim, Year 12 student excited to be involved with Parents Forum, and the opportunity to assist with improving communication between students and teachers

Westlake Bears : have ordered 100 for Parents Forum to sell.   Additional order placed by the school.
Will be promoted during Jubilee celebrations
Ongoing will be sold via Parents Forum.

Fundraising : to provide hardship assistance, and to build a ‘reflective garden’.
Other options to consider : covered walkways.
We need to ascertain available funds before we can commit

Hardship Fund :
Monies distributed by selected committee.  Parameters for qualification and use of this fund to be determined before any monies gifted.

Senior Management Rep at Parents Forum meetings.   Schedule has been drawn up for the lucky SMR attendee.

Style Doctors Evening – 31 August
$25.00 per ticket with wine and nibbles available.   In addition will have Silent Auction and raffles.

Responsibilities for event :

Auction and Raffle Items
Barbara S to look after goods for auction and raffle.   Promotion of this through blog, with delivery of items to school on the day, or if needed to be dropped off – can do so at the Uniform Shop, Monday 2.30 – 4.30, or Wednesday 3.00pm – 5.00pm.  Beth will happily look after the items
Liquor Licence
Joanne Duncan
Ticket Design
Kristina to co-ordinate using art students.   Barbara to provide information for tickets
Banner, flyers, blog
Ticket sales
Sold through school.  Notices with tear off slips to be available.
Beth and Donna to be point of contact at school
Michelle to promote through WBHS web site

Site requirements
Beth to confirm availability of staff room
Joanne to check availability of Catwalk from WBHS
Decorations : Donna to contact ‘The Academy’ for flowers etc
Suggest Noodle boxes with pre plated nibbles
Wine, juice, beer, glasses
Wendy and Penny to organise
Tania to investigate possibilities
Liaison with Style Doctors
Petra offered to be liaison


Held over Labour Weekend with formal dinner being held WBHS venue.

Event will also include High Afternoon Tea, gourmet lunch baskets.

Sports games organised

Jackie Brown evening

Successful evening talking to parents and students.  Suggestion that this talk is held annually.


Update by Michelle.

Discussion around having a combined schools teachers morning tea.   Time constraints do not make this easy, suggested a lunch instead.

PTA and Parents Forum combined event, suggest 14 September.   Anticipate 40 people.

Michelle to contact Spencer on Bryon as venue option 

Next meeting 25 June 7.30pm

Meeting closed 8.55pm

No comments:

Post a Comment