WESTLAKE GIRLS PARENT FORUM
25 March 2014
Present: Petra Praschnig, Paul Davis, Beth Porteous, Barbara Scholten, Julia Vencatachellum
Apologies: Wendy Calder-Jennings, Penny Meads, Jo Duncan, Tania Mc Donald, Denise
Minutes from 28 November 2013 meeting:
Moved: Beth Porteous Seconded: Barbara Scholten
Minutes from last meeting (25 February 2015):
Moved: Petra Praschnig Seconded: Barbara Scholten
· Grant will talk to Heta to find Roman Sandals
$ 5.500 was received – USB’s
$ 1000.00 was received - Roz Mexted
Account Balance: $7,914.83
Moneys still to be paid: 200 USB stick dolls $2,600.00
Moneys out going and to be received from Parent/Teacher interviews for catering for teacher dinner. Julia is helping Beth with these events.
· We can now confirm that we have 2 student representatives from Year 12 and 13:
Year 13: Julia Vencatachellum
Year 12: Charlotte Westin
· The PF meeting on 29 July has been changed to 22 July as there is an information evening for the new Year 9 students and their families.
· Yvonne Godfrey has been confirmed as our guest speaker for 24 June 2014. Yvonne works with the Parenting Place, with her main group working with young adults from age 17 – 22.
Start at 7.30 with people arriving from 7.00pm. Gold coin donation and we will have tea, coffee, juice, crackers and cheese available before her talk. This event will be held in the staff room.
· Our scheduled PF meeting will be held before this event at 6.30pm in the staff room. With setting up of the room included in the meeting.
· Barbara is contacting Tania McDonald in regard to a speaker for Term 4.
· Barbara is also getting in touch with Dean Flyger in regard to having Cam Calkoen as a guest speaker.
· Barbara will talk to Roz Mexted in regard to “Feed the Need” fundraiser to see if this concept aligns with the healthy food policy of the school.
AGM: 6 May 2014
Meeting closed: 19.45pm